1. What are cookies?
The website will also be able to know all the services requested by users, so that they can provide or offer information appropriate to each user’s tastes and preferences.
2. What types of cookies are there?
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into:
- Session cookies expire when the user closes the browser.
- Persistent cookies expire depending on when the purpose for which they are used has concluded (for example, to keep the user logged in to the services) or when they are manually deleted.
In addition, depending on their purpose, cookies can be classified as:
- Performance cookies This type of cookie remembers your preferences for the tools that are found in services, so that you do not have to configure the service every time you visit. By way of example, this type includes:
- Volume adjustments of video or audio players.
- The video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
- Geolocation cookies These cookies are used to find out which country you are in when you request a service. This cookie is totally anonymous and is only used to centre contents on your location.
- Registration cookies these cookies are created after users register on a website or after logging on to a session, and are used to identify them in services for the purposes of:
- Keep users identified so that, if they close a service, the browser or computer and return to the service at another time or on another day, the users will continue to be identified, thus facilitating browsing without having to login again. This functionality can be deleted if the user clicks on the function ‘close session’, so that the cookie is deleted and the next time the user enters the service, he or she will have to login again to be identified.
- Verify if the user is authorised to access specific services, for example to participate in a contest.
- Analytical cookies Every time a user visits a service, an external provider tool generates an analytics cookie on the user’s computer. This cookie that is only generated during the visit, will be used on future visits to web services to anonymously identify the visitor. The main objectives sought are:
- Permit the anonymous identification of users browsing via this cookie (it identifies browsers and devices, not people) and, therefore, the approximate count of the number of visitors and their trends over time.
- Anonymously identify the most visited contents and, thus, those that are most attractive to users.
- Know whether the user accessing the site is new or a repeat visitor.
- Important: Unless the user decides to register for a web service, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that can identify him/her. These cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help to optimise users’ experience on the website.
- Behavioural advertising cookies this type of cookie lets more information be collected for the adverts shown to each anonymous user of the web services. These include storing the length of time and frequency of viewing advertising positions, interaction with them, and the user’s browsing patterns and/or behaviour, which help to create a profile with advertising interests. Thus, advertising can be shown that matches the user’s interests.
- Third-party advertising cookies In addition to the advertising handled by the website for its services, the website offers its advertisers the option of serving adverts through third parties (ad servers). In this way, these third parties can store cookies sent by web services from the users’ browsers, as well as access the data stored on them.
3. What cookies do we use?
The cookies we use on our website are:
Cookies are small text files that websites can use to make the user experience more efficient.
The law states that we may store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of the website. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are posted by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can change or withdraw your consent at any time from the Cookie Statement on our website.
When contacting us regarding your consent, please indicate the ID and date of your consent.
Your consent applies to the domain: www.placasa.com
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions such as page browsing and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
|CookieConsent||Cookiebot||Stores user’s cookie consent status for current domain||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|placasa_session||www.placasa.com||We use this cookie to make certain features of the website work properly. We do not store any personally identifiable information about you.||29 days||HTTP Cookie|
Statistical cookies help website owners understand how visitors interact with their websites by gathering and providing information anonymously.
|_ga||Records a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||HTTP Cookie|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to monitor request rates||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|_gid||Records a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website.||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
4. How can I disable cookies?
You can usually stop accepting browser cookies, or stop accepting cookies from a particular service.
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser. You can also change your browser or email manager settings, as well as install free plug-ins to prevent web beacons from being downloaded when you open an email.
The website provides guidance to users on how to access the menu to change cookie settings and, where appropriate, private browsing in each of the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings.
For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or the browser’s Help.
- Microsoft Edge Settings & More > Settings > Clear Browsing Data.
- Firefox Tools > Options > Privacy > History > Personalised settings.
- Chrome Settings > Advanced settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data.
- Safari Preferences > Security.
For more information, you can consult Apple support or browser Help.
The website may modify this Cookies Policy in accordance with legislative or regulatory requirements, or with the aim of adapting the policy to the instructions decreed by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, so we advise users to look at the policy regularly.
When there are significant changes to this Cookies Policy, users will be notified either via the website or by email for registered users.